Monday, March 23, 2009

Jam Snobs


We have become accustomed to homemade jam. Its painful if we have to ever buy jam from the store because it's expensive and its just not as good. I have been wishing we lived in Oregon because berries are so much cheaper there. Then we learned about a store called Sunflower Market. If you haven't been there you are totally missing out. They have the cheapest produce I have ever seen and its good quality too! This last week we got a whole flat of strawberries for about 8 bucks. Thats right, for one pound of strawberries it was just 99 cents. Not only that but we buy artichokes here often for about a dollar as well and they are usually pretty big. So this is my plug for Sunflower Market, go there, you will fall in love with produce :) So we went to work this weekend making strawberry jam. Actually Ben mostly took over and he
did such a great job!

6 comments:

chrissy said...

Okay, can I come help the next time you make jam? Seriously, I've always wanted to learn how but I don't know anyone who can teach me! I work for free!!!

KellyAnne said...

No fair! I want some. I wish we had that store here. I am dying for the berries to be in season! Good job with the jam-- it looks great!

Meg said...

If your going to make a plug for a store, you need to provide the location!! That jam looked delish. My favorite part of the pictures was Ben's shirt :)

Kathryn said...

I'll talk to Ben about Jam making lessons :) And sorry about that...Sunflower market is across from the fashion place mall on the other side of state street. And i believe there is one in Orem too.

LindaO said...

Love the Sunflower Market as well. On Wednesdays their week's ads over lap..., so you get killer deals on those days. Perhaps you already knew that.., but i wanted to pass it on if you didn't.

Tahnie said...

I was impressed when I came over and there was some homemade jam! Looked delicious!