Monday, May 17, 2010

Great Weekend

Ben was a sweetheart and cleaned our home from top to bottom while I was at work on Friday. It made for a wonderful weekend as I didn't have to worry about a thing come Saturday morning. I can't really sleep in much anymore because I get hungry and uncomfortable, but I did get another hour in and then woke up to do the cereal and cartoon routine; you're never too old for cartoons.
After lounging around a bit, Ben and I went downtown for a walk. This weekend was the Lilac Festival here in town so it was pretty busy. While walking around the river we got caught up in a marathon. It was funny because everyone was cheering us on like we were participating. A big ol pregnant lady...I think they probably just felt bad for me because they kept saying, just a little bit further! A lot of others were walking it too so I guess we just blended in.
Later I got to take a nice bath, we did some grocery shopping, and went out for a movie. We rarely go to the theater but we had a gift card that we wanted to use before baby came. It is probably going to be quite sometime before we make it out to a movie again.
6 weeks to go now! I am not counting down the days though because I have a feeling I will get to my due date and she won't be here until another two weeks later! I hear the first time you usually go past the due date. I haven't mentioned yet that we are moving. Not too far, just down the street. Our friends manage some apartments for senior citizens and are moving next month, so thankfully we were able to interview and get the position in their place. I am nervous to be moving right before I have a baby, and to be in a new environment, but we are grateful for the opportunity to still have an income since I am done working next month when school gets out. Our new apartment is going to have cable, which is a good and bad thing. Ben will get sucked in to ESPN again, but I will be able to get back to good ol' TLC. A new season of Cake Boss is starting again my friends :)

No comments: