Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

I love the Primary Mothers Day songs. It is so fun to see the primary kids on the stand with their smiling faces searching the crowd for their moms while they sing at the top of their lungs. While watching them today I couldn't help but feel excited at the prospect of having my own child sing to me someday, but then I also felt a wave of panic! It's getting closer...

The first year Ben and I were married, Ben bought me a box of chocolates for Mothers Day with a sweet letter something to the effect of how I wasn't a mother yet but that he was excited for the day when I would be, etc etc etc. This year, although I still don't have a baby in my arms, we both thought it was worth celebrating, because with every kick and roll, this baby is reminding me that yes, I am beginning the path to motherhood :)

Ben was so cute and kept hinting all week long that he had a surprise for me. He was so thoughtful and had made me chocolate covered strawberries! They are so stinkin good too. He also downloaded some of my favorite music and put it on my ipod and everything. What a sweetheart; I don't know how I could even contemplate motherhood without an amazing man like him in my life!

Also have to say how thankful I am for my own wonderful mother. It's nice to have so many motherly figures in my life to look to for guidance and support as I begin this journey, but my ultimate source has got to be my mom, she's already raised 8 children with great success. You are the woman mom, Happy Mothers Day!

5 comments:

Em said...

are those chocolate covered grapes too?

KellyAnne said...

Happy Mother's Day Kat! :)

Carolyn ♥ said...

I love you darling daughter! I'm excited for you to join the motherhood club. It is an amazing journey.

Sarah said...

yum! What a fabulous husband.

Aragon said...

Kat, I am SO excited for you to be a mom! It brings OH so many joys! You are going to be an amazing mom! Your kids will have so much fun!