Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baby Doll

We've added another member to our family!  Every little girl needs her own baby doll, and I thought a year old was the perfect age to bring one home for Norah.  She was in love the moment she laid eyes on "Baby Doll".  It was amazing to see the natural instincts come out when she held it for the first time.  She tucked it right under her arms and smothered the head with kisses.  She also likes to chew on the baby's hand while she is carrying her around, or drag her through the house by one arm, and sometimes she throws the baby to the floor and yells in delight...ok so we are working on the mothering.  Ben and I laugh when she brings the baby over to us to hold.  He teases her that he's not ready to be a Grandpa and that she can't just drop the baby off with Grandma and Grandpa anytime she'd like.  (Have I mentioned lately that I love my husband?  Constantly making me laugh, especially when he is with Norah; he was made to be a daddy :)

I tried to get her to turn the baby so I could get a pic of the face but she had a death grip on it.

This was as close to the face as she'd let me get.
Where Norah goes, baby goes.
Norah is so into books lately that she can't even pause to look at the camera, and there's Baby Doll right beside her.










4 comments:

Sarah said...

so cute! I love seeing little girls with dolls - they just know what to do.

Bill said...

I love that little girl...cuteeee!

KellyAnne said...

Oh so cute. I can just imagine her loving her baby doll. So glad you got her one! The perfect toy at that age.

Meg said...

Just wait until she puts her doll in time out. I laugh everytime Cameron puts his build a bears (or other toys) in time out. We get to hear what we sound like to him...a little scary too!