Monday, October 3, 2011

Feel The Rythym

We began teaching Norah to dance to music when she was first able to stand.  She would bend her knees and bob up and down.  She has since learned to tap her foot along to the beat and is starting to get her arms and hands into the groove as well.  Although she still doesn't know how to clap; have you ever heard of a 15 month old child who can't clap?!  We're working on it :)

Her latest dance is not even a dance at all, she likes to sit in front of the speaker and suck her thumb while listening to the music.  She is fascinated with it; it's almost as if she thinks there is actually someone inside of the speaker.  While we have been staying at my parents house we have discovered all the tapes that I loved as a child, it's really taking me back.  And I'm glad Norah loves them as much as I do.


 
 We're working on the thumb sucking issue.  Usually she takes it out of her mouth when we ask her to, sometimes she pretends like she can't hear us though and it takes us asking her 3 or 4 times for her to remove it.  Hoping she's not still sucking her thumb as she enters High School ;)

1 comment:

KellyAnne said...

Ohh the beginning of the pretend-I-can't-hear-you phase. Or actually, it's not a phase. It lasts forever. Sorry! :)