This is at the pediatrician's office today after Norah's accident. My poor baby-we had just gotten back from jogging and I let Norah out to sit on the porch with me while I cooled down. She was getting pretty excited about being outside and out of the stroller and began getting a bit silly. She got off the bench we were sitting on and started walking over to the cement step right before the front door. I think she intended to go sit on it, she likes to sit there, but on her way she tripped on the door mat and landed with her mouth on the cement step. I scooped her up as she began to wail and cradled her as I ran into the house. Seeing that blood was beginning to ooze out of her mouth and lips I began yelling for my mom to come help me( I didn't know where Ben was, and I figured my mom would know what to do anyway). We discovered two teeth marks just under her bottom lip and with the amount of blood coming from her mouth we figured we should take her to the Instacare just to be safe. Ben had heard us by then so he and I scrambled to get out the door with Norah. She was such a brave little girl and stopped crying within a few minutes. We wasted time at the Instacare because it turns out they wouldn't accept our insurance. So we headed over to her Pediatrician in hopes they could take care of her there.
The doctor was able to look at her mouth for us(which Norah despised) and we made it out of there with nothing more than a bit of neosporin. The doctor told us that she did in fact bite all the way through her lip but it was such a minimal bite that the skin still looked pretty good and to put a stitch in it would probably make it scar worse. He did tell us that she will probably have two little scars once it heals, and I'm hoping that with the neosporin that's not true. But I guess it's not the end of the world if it does scar. The scrape on her chin is pretty bad too, so we'll keep neosporin on that as well. It could have been a lot worse so I am ever so grateful that it wasn't. I do need to work on keeping calm in stressful situations. I've witnessed a lot of trauma and high stress situations in my profession, but it's a completely different story when it's my baby girl we are talking about. Thankfully Ben can usually keep me in check. I'm sure this is just the beginning of the injuries, but let's hope we keep it to a minimum.
Monday, October 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
:( oh how sad! It's so hard when kiddos get hurt. Glad she's doing ok now.
Ouch! Hope she is healing! I hate when they bang up their faces...you just hope it doesn't leave a scar.
Post a Comment