| Norah has a hard time not being in every picture :) |
This was after he had taken two doses of the med, not much difference, but it did seem like the swelling and the redness on the outside corner of his eyeball was a little less.
And here's our handsome boy today! The swelling has gone down so much but his eye is still pushed forward a bit. Hopefully only a few more months of this and we will be in the clear. But of course if it doesn't shrink away we'll have to get a biopsy to find out more about it. It makes my heart hurt a bit to look at the pictures of him before he started the medicine. For weeks I knew there was something wrong but I didn't know what. Our pediatrician's office kept assuring me it was just a clogged tear duct. Once we moved and I had to find a new pediatrician, that's when the new pediatrician confirmed my suspicions that something wasn't right. I am grateful for doctors and nurses, but I also believe in mommy intuition, I feel like it's a gift to woman and mothers and it usually doesn't steer me wrong. I am learning more and more that I need to fight for what I think my children need. This last week we were told that Emmett needs to wear an eye patch now on his good eye. He's not using the eye with the tumor behind it as much and it's becoming lazy. He only has to wear the patch for 3 hours a day, but he doesn't like it much. Thankfully he's still too little to take it off. The doctor says he shouldn't have problems long term with his vision as long as everything goes as planned. We are definitely being looked after and pray that all continues to go well. We love our little Emmett.

2 comments:
he is so cute! I am glad they found it! I am always worried something is wrong with my kids and I just won't know.. so I always think something out wrong..
Love you! Miss you!
Post a Comment