
Autumn is a much prettier word than "Fall". But it seems like we did have quite the "Fall" this year. Ben lost his job at the beginning of October. It felt like things were crashing down all of the sudden. We had just moved to a new area for his job, and then out of the blue they decided to let him go, the worst part is that we thought he was about to be promoted! And then a few weeks later we found out Emmett had a tumor behind his eye. We took him in for an MRI on Halloween which was fitting for the day because it was SCARY. He had to be sedated and I nearly had a heart attack watching my baby try to wake up from the sedation. Thankfully Ben was there otherwise I probably would have bawled through the whole thing. But I'm not here to complain; I have to express how thankful I am, for everything. After just over a month Ben found another job, a much better job, and Emmett is on an oral medication to shrink the tumor, and it looks like it's working! We have another MRI scheduled for next week to see how it's really working. I am oh so thankful that Heavenly Father is mindful of me and the needs of my family. We did have a hard "Fall" but we have been blessed and can testify that going through hardships makes you stronger and brings you closer as a family and closer to Father in Heaven.




We made a trip out to a local Pumpkin Patch complete with a petting zoo! Norah loved it in spite of the cold rain. She fed the animals straw and pellets which was the highlight of the trip. Actually, the pumpkin donuts might have been the highlight of the trip, so good!
 |
| I tried to get her to clean out the pumpkin, but she was not interested, to put it mildly :) |
 |
| Daddy found a treasure while raking leaves! |
Emmett had his MRI scheduled for 2:00 on Halloween Day. Amazingly enough we made it back home and got Norah's Halloween Costume on just in time to get to our Ward Trunk or Treat. Again it was cold and rainy, but worth it to watch Norah as she learned about the Magic that happens when you say "Trick or Treat" :) We all went home tired and cranky that night, but I would call it a successful Halloween, especially when you look at that smile on our cute little witch.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
4 comments:
I'm sorry your Fall was a rough one, but amen to trials making you stronger and bringing you closer. Thinking of you guys and hoping for better times! :)
That is the cutest little witch I've ever seen.
That is the cutest little witch I've ever seen.
Wow that does sound like a scary thing to go through. It's so hard to be a mom and watch your kids go through painful things!! Glad Ben found a job....I guess....I was hoping you were going to say you were moving back to Utah since he didn't have a job :)
Post a Comment