Friday, November 2, 2012

Beach Combing

We love living in Washington.  There are so many fun places for us to explore.  Living near the Puget Sound is quite different than the beaches I know from Oregon, but it's still a lovely place to be.  We tried to get to this little beach early enough to see it at low tide.  The water was already coming back in when we arrived, but we still found some treasures.  Norah was just thrilled to be able to throw rocks into the water.  It was a chilly day but she didn't mind walking in the water and probably would have walked out a lot further if we would have let her.
Ben found a huge snail nestled into the rocky beach.  He really wanted to keep it!  He carried it around for awhile hoping to at least show someone else, but in the end just returned it to it's home. 


This Jellyfish was my find.  Pretty big Jellyfish!  We also found a lot of sand dollars, clam shells, and lots of really pretty rocks.  I always think of my mom and my grandpa when I find a good looking rock.  My grandpa collected rocks and polished them up.  My mom got her appreciation for a good rock from him.  So our family loves pretty rocks too :)
Emmett was with us at the beach too, he just didn't know it.  Nice to have a baby that will sleep wherever we go.  Although he is becoming less portable in his old age :)
 Ben found a a little hermit crab.  Norah thought it was so awesome.  Someday we will take her crabbing.  I went with my family when we lived in Oregon and loved it.  I know she would too.
 
 We found some blackberry bushes along the beach.  We brought a bag with us for Norah's clothing should she get wet in the water, which she did.  Instead of changing her clothes there on the beach though we decided to wait til we got back to the car, and used the bag for blackberries instead.  We took at least a pound home with us. Yummy!  I don't think Norah minded walking around in wet pants at all. 
Silly girl closed her eyes, but she wouldn't stop eating blackberries long enough for me to get a good pic!

3 comments:

Carolyn ♥ said...

Oh you had such a fun day... I wish I could have been there. I love the beach and will never grow tired of going there... but it is sooo far away for me. Looks like you had a magical time... so many amazing little creatures to discover. I've never seen a snail that big. That was a find. :) Proud of Ben for leaving him behind, I would have been tempted to keep him... I'm quite sure the snail is happy he got left behind as well. :)

Susan said...

I just looked back and read the birth story for your little man. It all sounded SO familiar! When I had Oakley the recovery time was so much longer--I also got a blood transfusion after her birth. Your kids are super cute!

Jay and Heath said...

Oh' man! Love all the pictures! Beautiful! Hope all is well up there! :) heather