Thursday, April 24, 2008

ALL ABOUT ME


This post was requested by my sister in law so if the rest of you aren't interested in what I have to say thats fine, stop reading now. 100 things about me, although I'm not sure if I'll make it to 100, but I'll give it my best shot! :)

1. I love nearly anything chocolate.
2. My love for chocolate is the first thing I think about when people ask things about me.
3. My favorite is chocolate and peanut butter together, whoever first thought that up was genius.
4. There are eight children in my family.
5. We had at least three different dogs named daisy growing up.
6. I'm not the best singer but I love singing when I'm by myself.
7. I love the outdoors.
8. I really don't like being cold but I enjoy the snow for awhile every year until its worn out its welcome, like now.
9. I love wearing thick sweaters.
10. I don't like wearing shoes.
11. I was the district hurdle champion in highschool.
12. I was my high school's Prom Queen.
13. I love to run outside.
14. I like taking walks.
15. My favorite new thing is walks with Ben on sundays while we eat otter pops!
16. I always have my toes painted.
17. I have a birth mark on my right wrist that looks like a little patch of freckles.
18. I have brown straight hair and all my sisters have red curly hair.
19. My brothers use to tell me I was adopted.
20. Not a day goes by that I don't bite my nails, its a horrible bad habit.
21. I have made dinner nearly every day this week!
22. I absolutely love my siblings and I wish i could spend time with them everyday.
23. I got my bachelors in Social Work and am trying to go back and get my masters this fall.
24. I want to work as a school social worker, probably with middle school aged kids.
25. I started playing soccer when I was 8.
26. I once scored a goal from center field.
27. I had already decided that my first date with Ben was going to be the last, until he asked me at the end of the night when he could see me again. Hes a charmer thats for sure.
28. I was really grumpy the night Ben proposed to me, but I got suddenly very happy when i figured out that he planned on proposing to me.
29. We just celebrated our first anniversary!
30. I love writing with a sharp pencil.
31. I hate math and I'm no good at it but i got an A in calculus in high school.
32. I love to read a good book.
33. I am a full house fan. I think I've seen every episode.
34. I broke the chandelier in our entry way when i was younger because i was teasing my sister and i threw her pillow over the stairs and it hit the chandelier.
35. I hiccup every time i drink soda, after every sip.
36. I played soccer, and basketball, and ran track all throughout high school and then up at BYUI as well.
37. My parents use to call me a little brown bunny because I wouldn't burn in the sun like my sister's, i just got tan.
38. My siblings and I all have nicknames from our parents. I have two, Katybug and butterfly.
39. My mom has been teaching piano for over 20 years but i refused to learn when i was little. I regret it now as my mom always told me i would.
40. I love to sleep in but hate missing out on the morning outside.
41. When we lived in Oregon I use to fall asleep to the sound of frogs croaking every night.
42. I was born in Layton UT and lived there until I was 13 and we moved to Oregon.
43. My family moved back to Utah while I was away at college.
44. Ben and I want to move back to Oregon or Washington someday.
45. I love the rain but don't like it to mess up my hair.
46. Overcast days are my favorite.
47. I like to go swimming but I'm not a very good swimmer.
48. I hate shopping for pants.
49. I am six feet tall.
50. I use to be embarrassed by my height because I was taller than all the boys.
51. My roommates my last semester of college all went on missions or got married. I got married :)
52. My parents offered me a trip to France to keep me from marrying Ben. I would still like to go to France someday though!
53. I hate weeding.
54. I don't really like any yard work actually but maybe I'll feel differently now that I have my own yard.
55. I take an hour and a half to get ready in the mornings, and that cuts it close.
56. I hate being rushed and I don't like people to bother me when I'm getting ready.
57. I love the color navy blue.
58. I use to hate tomatoes but i think i said that mostly to get attention from my parents when i was younger.
59. I use to write notes to my parents when i was little asking them for things instead of talking to them. They usually thought the note was so cute that they would give me what i was asking for.
60. My parents didn't believe in sleepovers growing up. I'm still not sure if I will or not.
61. My kids names will NOT be Victoria, Vanessa, or...I cant remember the other one Ben wants, but not that one either.
62. I don't really like doing dishes, I admit it, but I did NOT make up excuses to go to the bathroom when i was younger just to get out of the dishes, despite the lies from my family.
63. My husband has a great voice and I wish he would sing to me more often. I use to hope for a guy that could sing and play the guitar. One of two isn't bad i guess.
64. I like to write poems. All throughout high school whenever i was mad or sad i would write it out in a poem.
65. I took AP English and loved it.
66. I read the whole Twilight series and by the end thought the whole thing was stupid.
67. I hate oatmeal but my mom use to make us eat it when we were little.
68. A few weeks ago I bought some oatmeal. Its good for you.
69. I wish i was more crafty. I like to make things but I'm not very creative.
70. I want to have kids right now but mostly so I won't have to go to work anymore.
71. I think I will rock my babies to sleep at night because I'll want to cuddle with them before they get too old and start saying they hate me. ;)
72. I think my best feature is my eyes.
73. I'm horrible at remembering birthdays.
74. I'm not a night person.
75. I love a good chik flick.
76. I hate getting my haircut because its never what i wanted or expected or asked for. I guess I'm picky.
77. I take a bubble bath usually once a week.
78. I miss going my grandparents houses but we just bought a house a few blocks away from where they both use to live.
79. I love playing sports but I get so bored watching them on TV.
80. Sunday Afternoons are my favorite time of the week.
81. I really enjoy teaching lessons at church.
82. I don't mind speaking either.
83. Other peoples messes drive me crazy but mine are ok because they are controlled.
84. I can't stand to see people in public verbally abuse there kids.
85. I struggle with the workweek and look forward to every weekend. Hmm, maybe its time for a new job.
86. I hate confrontations.
87. I blush easily.
88. I am very ticklish and my husband takes advantage of this fact.
89. I once beat a guy my age at arm wrestling.
90. When I was going to BYU-Idaho my roommate and decided on a whim to drive to WY. We hiked a big mountain when we got there and then we drove back to Idaho.
91. I broke my toe attempting to tube down the snake river and had to use crutches for two weeks.
92. I also fractured my wrist during track practice in high school. My spikes got caught on the practice hurdle and I biffed it good. My brother also tripped on these hurdles and sprained his shoulder right before me. Evil hurdles.
93. I have been reading a lot of people magazine lately which is stupid because i don't really care about all them famous people. I just get sucked into it.
94. I love camping and can't wait to take a few much needed weekend vacations this summer.
95. I can't ever go to bed angry at my husband. And if I do I wake up SUPER grumpy the next day.
96. I can't ever go more than an hour angry at my husband or anyone for that matter. I hate arguments and will do my best to compromise as soon as possible.
97. My college days were some of the hardest and funnest days of my life. I really miss all my college friends.
98. I always brush and floss my teeth before I go to bed. I have probably only missed about 10 days in my whole life. I am a clean teeth freak. The same goes for washing my face before bed.
99. I am super excited about having a blog. I just wish I had a more interesting life now!
100. I really made it to 100. ENJOY!

7 comments:

Camille said...

i loved reading all about you. your hair is super long in the picture! very cute.

LindaO said...

Thank you! It's Saturday morning and Mason and I were just watching Full House on Nick. He just watches it for the cute girls though. I'm excited to see if the 1 1/2 hour getting ready time stays when the kids come. If you find out how to have that much free time in your day with kids.., please tell me. I need help with that! I miss those days.

Sarah said...

i love it! But don't let bryn read it - she didn't get married or go on a mission! I love that you didn't like the Twilight series!!! I was too annoyed to even try reading them.
When are we going to do a roommate reunion?

Amy said...

Your number one would be mine too!! And now I can say I commented on your blog.

KellyAnne said...

Wow I didn't know you've used crutches before. Where was I? ANd there were a few other things I didn't know as well.
I thought your sister in law was kidding about the 100 things. You really did it! I'm impressed, I don't think I could think of that many.
I loved the Twilight series until I finished the last one too. FUnny.
I'm glad you did this. It made me laugh and now I even know you better.
Really, and hour and a HALF?!?! Holy moly, no wonder you're always so stinkin gorgeous. Even if I DID take that long, I wouldn't know what to do with myself for and hour and a half!
Also, the otter pop walks sound so fun!! I want to come too.

Bill said...

Hey, I've been misquoted!

You said "52. My parents offered me a trip to France to keep me from marrying Ben."

What we probably said was something like "You don't know this boy well enough yet. We feel strongly enough about this that we are willing to send you away for awhile so that you can be sure." And we knew that France was high on your list.

But now that we know Ben, we love Ben also and think he is a keeper. Love, Dad

Kathryn said...

Wow dad, I'm impressed that you actually READ all of that. Anyway, i know you always have the best of intentions. I'm sure glad I have parents who love me! thanks!