Friday, August 28, 2009

Picture Us Here

We have been here for just over a week now and are beginning to feel more comfortable in our surroundings. I jumped out of my comfort zone last night and went to our wards enrichment night. I met some great ladies and was excited to discover that there are several women about my age who are here while their husbands attend law school at Gonzaga. Ben also had his orientation last night for business school and met some great guys as well. Sounds like this will be a good place for us afterall :) Just wanted to give you a lil visual as to where we are so you can picture us now when you are thinking about us :) The segments are choppy, but trying to put this all in one clip was too much of a hassle right now. So hope this gives you somewhat of an idea-(view them from left to right...) When I viewed these on the camera they weren't as dark, but it looks like you can't see much in the videos. Sorry!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the tour. We even got to see the closets. :) I'm glad you met some women in the ward. I totally know what you are going through, and I'm about to go through it again in a month. Yikes. It does get better though. I promise. They'll all love you!

KellyAnne said...

I'm so glad you went to Enrichment and had a good experience!
I want to come have dinner with you and eat on the floor. :) Love it.
It looks so nice and clean, and the other houses on the street are cute too-- it APPEARS to be a nice neighborhood! :)
Why is Ben in timeout, won't he do the dishes? I couldn't really tell what he was doing in the picture but it made me laugh that he was sitting there in the corner!
Miss you guys!
Oh, and how sad that you had to leave your bed behind! Sorry bout that. :(

Alison said...

Kat! This is Alison, your old college roomate in Chapman Hall which seems a long time ago. I found your blog through Becca and I just stumbled across this post of you moving to Spokane. Well...I live in Spokane Valley with my husband and my 8 month old boy Weston and would love to help you if you ever need anything. I am a stay at home mom and am free anytime and would love to see you again if you have time! We are living in the Valley and Ryan in going to school for 2 more years so we will be here a while. If you ever need anything just call me at 509-315-4380....i just want you to know that you aren't here alone if you need someone familar to hang out with!

Meg said...

Looks like you guys are all set up! It won't take you long to meet people and get friends. Have fun and enjoy the new scenery!

LindaO said...

The place looks great! I'm totally impressed you went to enrichment! Good for you!