Monday, October 5, 2009

Charlotte's Web

Ben has a new pet. He discovered this huge spider out on our back patio last month and has named it Charlotte. The spider is so big that I wouldn't know how to kill it if I wanted to, and Ben says he respects the hard work that this spider has put into spinning its web and wouldn't dream of ever killing it. So Charlotte remains. The web really is huge, just like the spider, and you can occasionally see flies and other insects trapped in the web. Gross, I know, I really hope the spider doesn't have babies and then we have a million Charlotte's. I couldn't get very good pictures of it, plus i was a little freaked out to be so close to it. Ben looked up the spider but can't figure out what kind it is, any guesses?



5 comments:

KellyAnne said...

Ew. We get lots of those. I think they look the same. They are all over outside. Sometimes instead of trying to kill em when they're that big, it's nice that you can always see where they are so you don't have to wonder!
But the millions of babies thing does freak me out a bit! :)

Annie said...

Gross!! I would not be able to sleep knowing that was out there. You are both brave. It is huge.

Jill said...

We used to get those kind of spiders every once in a while, they are huge! I think we'd spray them with something to kill them.

I thought of another "Spokane Treasure" that you guys just can't miss! Up on Greenbluff there is a farm where they have a huge cannon and launch pumpkins, and they call it "pumpkin chunkin". And they have pumpkin donuts that are delicious, it's one of my favorite things about fall in Spokane. Text me if you need more info, it'd be a great adventure date!

chrissy said...

what? you're a MUCH nicer wife than I am. i would smash it while he was at work!

LindaO said...

That's completely gross!