My baby's First Christmas! It was a wonderful one, complete with our loving families, great friends and lots of good food! :)
Although my parents no longer have any young kids at home, we still got to participate in all the little family traditions.
Waiting to see if Santa came! We always woke up SO early when we were kids, but this year my dad was the one to wake us all up.(Norah slept in :)
Ben and I had fun getting gifts for one another. Ben really wanted this watch and kept talking about it. I told him no way because it was too expensive for an "accessory". Well I bought it for him and kept it a secret. However, before Christmas he decided to purchase one himself over the internet, and I couldn't talk him out of it; I really wanted to surprise him! Anyway, he was pretty surprised and loved the watch. We ended up keeping the one he bought too. I guess a guy can never have too many watches.
I wrapped his gift in several different packages to build the excitement...
Ben kept telling me during the week prior, that this was going to be my best Christmas yet! The fact that he was so excited about was so fun in itself. He's so cute when he has a surprise up his sleeve. And surprises he had! He spent some time with my sisters the week before shopping for me and even doing a little crafting. So yes, my sisters get some of the credit, but the idea was all his. For every present he had for me he made a cute little model out of paper. I opened the gift bag full of these little paper cut outs and then had to read the backs of them to find the actual gift. So I spent a little time treasure hunting. It was such a fun idea and I LOVED the cute gifts. He gave me 5 or 6 gifts so imagine all the time he spent making the paper models. Here are a few of the gifts...
New Running Gloves!
Norah was still a little sleepy when she finally woke up, but she got the hang of unwrapping gifts really quick...
Thanks for the cute stuff Grandma and Grandpa!
Santa brought Norah these stacking cups, she loves them!
We headed to Ben's parents later in the evening to wrap up the day. Norah was so worn out from all the excitement! Hope your Christmas was as MERRY as ours was!

3 comments:
Looks like you had a great Christmas. Way to go Ben on going to all that work for you. :) Sorry we didn't get together. I didn't end up seeing anyone. I wasn't there as long as we usually are. Hopefully we'll overlap next time we're in Utah!
Will you take a picture of Norah in her new outfit and post it? I'm missing all of you.
that pic of you and Norah is BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment