Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm on a roll!

I'm pretty proud to announce that I have done THREE different projects now with my sewing machine. It's weird because before I even finish something I am already thinking about what I want to make next. In fact I've started a list on my blog of things I plan on making someday. Again, don't laugh, most of the things I attempt are probably things you all did in Home Ec or something...but I never took that class, so give me a break! :)

Onto the projects-
"Crib Rail Cover"

Norah is getting pretty wild with her standing and will chew on anything she can get her two little teeth on. Yes, I am aware that you can buy crib rail covers at several stores, but they retail for WAY too much money. It took me more time than it should have, but I was able to make some covers for half the price. I found a great tutorial here. I made them for all three sides, but took pictures as soon as I finished the one because I didn't know how motivated I would be to finish all three. Finally finished them all this last week.


I also made one of these baby blocks. This wasn't really that hard, but I was kinda bummed when Norah only held it for about 30 seconds and then dropped it and crawled away. I've since tried to get her to play with it more, but she doesn't really care for it.

Oh well, next on my list, this cute "owl teether". Norah is nuts about crinkly noises. I hope this one is a hit :)

*Update* I started the owl teether today....this one is going to be tough!

2 comments:

LindaO said...

If we ever have another child.., will you make me an owl teether???? Super cute!

Carolyn ♥ said...

I am so impressed... and delighted you've found this new talent. Can't wait to see what's next!