Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What to do with this girl....


She looks innocent enough, but believe me, this girl is a STINKER! I can't believe that my 7 month old is already crawling around the house like a maniac and climbing up and onto everything in sight. She climbs up the walls, tries to lunge out of our arms, and just won't sit still! She definitely has a mind of her own and is becoming her own little person.

So I need some help, what kinds of things keep your pre-toddler entertained. We have a few toys and books but they only seem to capture her attention for like a minute and then she is off trying to climb up something. She also has a saucer and a jump up, but again, 5 minutes max and she is yelling to get out. Toy suggestions would be great, I am getting a little worn out being Norah's playmate 24/7! Please tell me once they get older they can entertain themselves a bit more...otherwise I may only have ONE child :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

She does look innocent. :) I love all your sewing projects. Look at you go! I'm loving the crib rail cover. What a great idea and it actually looks cute!

Sarah said...

Cute girl. Lydia got this toy for her first christmas (so she was 10 months old) - but it is still a big hit with all her friends and has been since it entered our house.
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-Superstar-Sing-Along-Stage/dp/B000NW2AVC

Other than that - swings! Once your weather is nice enough, go to the park as much as you can :)

chrissy said...

i think her short attention span is normal for her age. my kids loved noisy toys. but they got annoying, lol. the good news is, when you have more than one they entertain each other! so if i were you i'd just hurry and have another one :) :) :)

LindaO said...

Ha ha! I SO love that you guy are at this stage!!!! I'm with Chrissy..., you need two to entertain each other.

KaShan said...

I say that you should hurry and have another too. My first 2 are 16 months apart and I loved it!!! They always entertained each other. My 3 one is 4 years behind my second one and I am constantly chasing him around the house too keeping him out of everything. So again I will have 2 more to play with him soon!!! But his favorite things to play with are measuring cups, wooden spoons, and metal or big plastic bowls!! He stay entertained for along time playing with those.

Meg said...

Unfortunately I don't think they entertain themselves every, it usually takes another child to entertain them. At least Cameron hasn't been able to entertain himself for more than 5 to 10 minutes here and there. I am his #1 playmate :) At least we play with block and build stuff now... My advice is just have another kid soon!!