What a weekend it's been! I was lucky enough to get out of the house on my own for a bit yesterday. It was the church Relief Society Birthday Celebration. It was so nice to be among other women who are experiencing the same things I am. I left feeling great and seriously enjoyed being somewhere by myself knowing that for a few hours, I was Kathryn, and not mommy. After the "Birthday Party" I hit up the fabric store with a friend so she could show me the in's and out's of all things crafty :) As I was driving home I had to laugh out loud as I thought about how quickly my life has changed. Here I am a mom, a wife, and my life's pleasures are new clothes for my baby, and lately, sewing. What happened to me?! But then I had to laugh a little more, laugh tears of joy almost, because THIS is what I have wanted ever since I can remember. I LOVE my husband, I LOVE our little girl, and I LOVE my life. Seriously, there are things that really get me ticked but I take deep breaths and everything is just fine :) For example:
Tonight it took us about 2 hours to eat dinner! In fact the whole day tested our patience a bit, but I'm sure this is nothing compared to what others have experienced, because I only have ONE little monster. We were finally sitting down to eat dinner tonight after a few setbacks, and I noticed Norah's back...yep, blowout...awesome. *Sidenote*(She had a blowout as soon as we sat down in Sacrament Meeting today too, so back home we went because of course, the one time I don't have a change of clothes for her, of course.) Anyhow, back to the blowout of the evening. We finally got her cleaned up, bathed, and we settled back down to dinner. Norah was playing on the floor but if you have seen her lately, she climbs all over everything. Well she lost her balance and smacked her face on the legs of a chair.

Bleeding gums and a fat lip. We gave her a cold washcloth and she sucked away on it. After all this I had kind of lost my appetite. So we started cleaning up and now Norah is finally in bed and the dishes are done. Sigh...but I love this crazy life, can't wait to see that beautiful girl again tomorrow, but for now...me time. Thank heavens children need more sleep than adults!
P.S. I am considering a short haircut, I guess you could say the "mom haircut", because now that I am a mom, I can't find time to do my hair! Ben cringes, because he loves my long hair, but seriously what's the point of having long hair when it's up in a ponytail all day everyday. I guess I'll keep thinking about it though, maybe in the summer.
5 comments:
It's absolutely how much you have to deal with poo as a parent, lol! And I totally had something like that happen with Hailey at church too when I left to nurse her and change her diaper, except I had brought clothes, but left them in the chapel so I walked her back in in nothing but her diaper in the middle of sacrement, lol!
And I vote don't cut it! It really is beautiful! Resist the urge! I've chopped mine several times and in fact it's getting cut shorter this thursday again, lol, but Tim likes it short.
CUT YOUR HAIR! I've been growing mine out too because ALL these Ontiveros boys LOVE long hair! My thoughts are.., if they love it then they should grow theirs out! :) With all that said.., I go back and forth about cutting mine too. :( I know Dan likes it.., but it's a pain. Short hair is SO much easier to maintain.
And yes..., it's a crazy life we live as mom.., but it's so incredible too. I love it!
Oh the joys...
Isn't it funny how you always long for the stage you're NOT in?! :)
So glad you got a recharge so that you could continue to be a great wife and mom. :)
Ponytails are nice-- I love it when I at least CAN pull it back if I want to. It IS fun to have a new haircut, but shorter does mean cutting it more often to keep up the style... Keep that in mind. You're hot stuff either way. ;)
All this makes me smile... to cut or not to cut, ME time, sewing, blowouts at church... yup you are a mommy. Love it.
Yay for me time!!!!!!! Your such a good mom.
Post a Comment