Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Breakfast of Champions





No, not wheaties, Franks Diner. When we were scoping out Spokane back in May, considering whether or not Gonzaga was the school for us, we stopped in at Franks Diner late one evening. I hate trying to find places to eat away from home. I'm one of those people that goes to the same places and orders the same thing everytime. I figure why pay for something you may not like? Anyhow, we enjoyed our dining experience at Franks Diner and when we decided we were headed to live in Spokane a few months later we planned on going back to Franks Diner to try the breakfast. Apparently it has been voted Spokane's best breakfast 10 out of the past 11 years! So this morning we finally headed back for breakfast. It was great, but more than the food, i just like the idea that I am on a train! I have always loved trains. It is just a railway car now, but it once was owned by the Northern Pacific Railroad and served as private car for the president of the railroad. I would have taken more pictures but it was so crowded this morning and Ben wouldn't let me, he was embarrassed for some reason :)

2 comments:

Alisha said...

So cute Kat! I'm the same way... I like to find something I like and then always go there and get what I already know I enjoy... :)
PS - I love Spokane!!!

Meg said...

That reminds me a little bit of Ruth's Diner up Emigration Canyon! How sad the you don't get to eat cheese fries and Cafe Rio anymore :( I died when we lived in NC and I could't eat my favorite foods. We found some good places, but it's never the same!!