Friday, September 4, 2009

JOBS

We are now the proud owners of JOBS. Ben landed a job as the Student Supervisor for the Intramural Program at Gonzaga. He won't be working a ton since he's got classes, but he is really looking forward to a great opportunity as his emphasis for his MBA program is sports management. My mom told me to get a whistle for him, but guess what...it comes with the job! As well as some pretty cool shirts. He's not really an official as the shirt portrays, he is in CHARGE of the officials, so he has a shirt just in case he needs to step in at some point. He also gets some cool polo shirts.
As for me, after a long search, one that started long before we even moved out here, I finally found a job doing what I love to do, working with naughty children :) I am the new Behavior Intervention Technician at a middle school in the next town over. It is a new position for the school so I pretty much get to call the shots. I will be in charge of the "in school suspension" and the aspect that intrigues me is that I will get to debrief with the students..."why are you here? what are you going to do so that you won't get sent here again?" etc. So although I'm not technically using my masters degree as in working as a school counselor/social worker, I am pretty close to it and this will be a great experience to help me get through some doors further down the road.
Last but not least...Ben also got a job as an assistant football coach at the same school that I will be at. He LOVES football and is excited to be able to teach kids all that he knows and get payed to do it! So we are being ever so blessed right now and are so grateful to have a sense of security that an income brings. Thanks for all your love and prayers!


Can you tell he's excited?! :)

3 comments:

Joe and Cassie said...

Congratulations!! It sounds like you both have some awesome jobs lined up!!

Meg said...

You are welcome for getting you the job :) I feel so honored that you listed me as a reference...I felt like it was appropriate to lie and tell them that you were a self motivated person and loved working with kids. ha ha. Congrats and have fun even though you will be board without ME to hang out with at the school! Hey, I have a great idea...I can mail you vinyl to put on the walls.

KellyAnne said...

Oh my gosh I'm so excited for you guys! Sounds like perfect opportunities for you both. Hope you love it!