Friday, June 3, 2011

"Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence"

A friend brought this talk given by Elder Holland to my attention last week and I wanted to keep it somewhere I could refer back to it again and again.  This was my favorite excerpt from the talk...

"With any major decision there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts. Certainly don’t give in to that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness. Face your doubts. Master your fears. “Cast not away therefore your confidence.” Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you."

I am sure that upon reading this talk you would find insights you can apply to your own life.  But as I read it I remembered the feelings I had when I made the decision to marry Ben,to go to school, to start my career, to be a mother, etc.  I remember having such strong feelings of the spirit that led me to know that what I was doing was right.  Through the rough and tumble of each day it's sometimes hard to remember the reasons why we chose to be where we are, and to do what we are doing, but it is so important that we always remember and that we cast not away our confidence.

3 comments:

LoriAnn Grigg said...

LOVE THIS!

Carolyn ♥ said...

Kathryn I love this thought. Thanks for sharing! Now I need to read the entire talk...

KellyAnne said...

I love this!! Thanks for posting such a great reminder.