I wouldn't say that I'm "nesting" quite yet, because I'm still not really motivated to clean or organize much, but I have been really excited about a "car seat canopy" ever since I wished I had one with Norah. I found a tutorial here. We actually had to buy an infant car seat because we were borrowing one from my sister in law when Norah was an infant. The gray on this car seat inspired me and I found this material that I LOVE. I just hope it doesn't look to girly for our little man :) The cover was easy to make, but getting the right measurements for the handles and sewing them to cover was the difficult part! I wanted to do buttons for the closure but I have yet to attempt buttons holes and Velcro seemed much easier. I also could have just done ties, but I thought they might look too messy.
| All Ready For Baby! |

4 comments:
That's so cute! My step mom made a cover for my sister, and she used velcro too. But she just glued a huge button on the top of each strap to make it look like it was buttoned. You could try that? Nice job with it, though!
Very cute!!
I didn't have one of these with Cameron, but bought one when I had Mackenzie. Mostly it was because I didn't really know about them and Cameron was born in May so I didn't think he needed it to block the wind/cold. But I have loved it and have come to find out it is not just for cold/wind. It's so nice to just cover her when she is sleeping, block theh sun, keep out germs, Keep out peoples dirty hands :) Hope you are doing well. Cant wait to see pictures of the little man.
So cute! It turned out great.
Post a Comment