Friday, April 6, 2012

Look What I Made

My Mother would be so proud!  When I was pregnant with Norah my mom convinced me that I could sew my own burp-clothes.  Now I knew how to sew on a button and I could repair minor rips and tears in clothing, but I had never used a sewing machine before.  My mom showed me the ropes and I spent the rest of the day working on the burp clothes.  It took forever!  Since then I have gotten a bit more practice and attempted a few other projects, although I would still call myself a beginner! 
My friend convinced me that I would definitely need new burp clothes this time around since I am having a baby boy.  I can't lay little man on my shoulder with a PINK burp cloth under his tiny face.  So I've been working on a new set for him and am finally finished.  They were so much easier this time, although actually finding the time to sew becomes a bit complicated with a little toddler underfoot  :)

Making these helped it sink in that I am going to be a mommy to a little BOY and got me quite excited for his arrival.  Just 11 more weeks...

3 comments:

Breanne said...

That it... 11 weeks! lets soo some prego belly pictures! nice job on the blankets!!

Carolyn ♥ said...

Oh and I am... so proud. And so happy that you didn't hide that machine in a closet. I'm sure little man can hardly wait to use them!

Meg said...

11 weeks!! Wow he is almost here. I am excited for you guys. I can't wait to see pictures. Glad to see/hear you guys are doing well.