Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Aunt Becca Comes to Visit!

My sister is attending Graduate School in Idaho and was kind enough to come and visit her favorite sister during Spring Break.  We were very excited to have her around for a few days and nearly died of boredom after she left :0
It wasn't fabulous weather the weekend she was here but we decided it was nice enough to head out and do some hiking.  I looked up some trails and we tried our luck with an area not too far from our house.  It seemed to be a great little hike and we stopped midway to eat the lunches we had packed.  Well after lunch we must have taken a wrong turn somewhere because we ended up way out in the woods and were completely lost.  We hiked for what seemed a very long time with no trails in sight.  I was beginning to get quite uncomfortable as I carried around my 20 pound baby in the tummy pack.  Luckily she fell asleep amidst our wandering in the wilderness so I didn't have to worry about a grumpy baby.  Eventually we found our way back to some trails and made our way back down the mountain to our car.  It was strange because although we could see the city down in the valley, we were as lost as could be up there on the mountain.  I was imagining the worst case scenario, us having to sleep on the mountain or something, but thankfully it all panned out! :)

 














We really had so much fun with my sister and wish we could see her more often.  Miss being close to family and hoping to move closer really soon!

1 comment:

KellyAnne said...

Sounds like a great adventure... maybe one that I'm glad I missed out on? :)