Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Meet Ginger

My sister made her baby an adorable "taggie monster" and I have been wanting to try my hand at one ever since.  Initially I didn't have enough ribbons, because as a beginning crafter, I just don't have that kind of stuff laying around.  I've been buying spools of ribbon here and there over the past few months and finally got around to the monster. Here is the tutorial I used as my guideline.
 


 
Her face makes me laugh, she's thinking "thanks a lot mom for this BORING toy" :)
Norah LOVES tags although I haven't really seen her pick at these tags much, she just likes to fling it around by its legs.  I put a bow on the top because it's a GIRL monster...and we named her "Ginger".


***********************************************************************
I also finally finished my apron!  I was working on it off and on for several weeks.  I started it but then lost interest, however, after repeatedly getting my clothes dirty while cooking and doing dishes, I found the motivation I needed.  Like everything I make, don't look to closely :)  I found a tutorial here.

5 comments:

Em said...

looks good!

Christy said...

Cute! and look at you getting all crafty on us! Totally jealous of your skills =)

Lisa said...

You have just become quite the little seamstress. :) Love the apron. So cute!

KellyAnne said...

SO cute! And I love the patterns you picked. Ginger is awesome as well; I love the expression on Norah's face!!! I wish we'd thought to make them earlier, when tags were more exciting to our little babes. I love the bow, by the way!
So, you asked about potato wedges:
I do make my own. Usually I just toss them with some olive oil, garlic, rosemary, or whatever else sounds good. And of course some good coarse salt and ground pepper. Then roast them in the oven at around 425 degrees or so for about 45 minutes. Check them now and then and mix them around in the oil (and maybe add some more) until they are cooked all the way through. mmmmmm

Carolyn ♥ said...

So cute, Kat! I'm proud of you for sticking with it! I want one, too! Like you have nothing else to do.I can follow your tutorial. :)