Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yuck

For some reason YUCK is one of Norah's favorite words.  I say it lot when I am changing her diapers and she just giggles and giggles.  But this is how we are feeling at our house this week, YUCK.  I can't trace back to where I could have picked up this nasty sickness, but I got something good. I went running last Thursday and after that day I have felt progressively worse.  It started with a little coughing and wheezing but turned into a full blown cold with a little nausea and dizziness mixed in between.  The most painful part though is the sinus congestion, feels like my face is going to blow up.  I am finally starting to feel a bit better today, but it's still quite miserable. 

This is really the first time I have felt this sick as a mom (besides postpartum issues of course), and let me tell you, it's rough!  Although, every time I go through something hard in my new life as a mom, I can't help but feel a little wimpy as I think of all the great and noble mothers who have two plus children and are doing the same things I am, plus more, and are probably doing it much better than I.  Maybe this was just a little reminder for me to be grateful for good health and take advantage of all the things I can do when I feel healthy.  Luckily Ben has been around more than usual and has helped lighten my load.   The worst part is I think I passed it on to poor Norah; she has been coughing most of the day and doesn't act like she feels very well.  It's hard to tell with her though because she is such a happy girl all the time, always smiling!  She has been breaking two new teeth this week as well, so yep, we are feeling a little YUCK.  Cross your fingers Ben doesn't get sick too, he's got 6 more weeks of classes!

2 comments:

LindaO said...

It SO hard not to compare ourselves with others. I do it all the time and think..., oh well so and so has 3 kids plus this and that and still is able to do this or that. Everyone's lives are SO different and what one person may be able to handle just fine another may not be able to. You know that though. It's just hard when you're not feeling well to keep your spirits up and things get dark fast cause you're feeling yucky. The thing is...., you're not a whimp. Hang in there! You'll be feeling back like a champ in no time.

LoriAnn Grigg said...

Oh man I feel for you, being sick as a mom is hard because you don't have "sick days". You can't call in and take the day off. So be NICE to yourself. We all just get through it the best we can, YOU are doing an AMAZING job as a mother I am sure!! Your little girl is adorable by the way!