Sunday, July 6, 2008

Holiday Weekend

Our family has had a very much needed relaxing weekend! I'll admit i was very depressed Thursday night because we didn't have any plans for the 4th. My family is out of town on vacation and Ben's parents have been on a LONG vacation since they are temple presidents in Mexico. So it was up to Ben and I to entertain ourselves and since moving into our house Ben is always wanting to work on the next house project, ugh. So with a little convincing he agreed to let us put work aside this weekend and we just enjoyed our time together. We went swimming Friday afternoon. I have been dying to go swimming all summer so Ben was a trooper and we went to the Cottonwood Heights Pool. It was super crowded but we got our swimming in. We also went to Murray Park in the evening for the fireworks show. I had heard that Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband were going to be playing there but they must have canceled because there was this lame acapella group there. It was nice to just be out in the cool weather though and it wasn't as crowded as we thought it would be. Saturday was a great day too, we slept in til nearly 11. I haven't done that forever but it was nice. We did get some saturday work done around the house but it wasn't so bad. Then we called it day and ordered pizza and a got a movie. It's been great and I've only had to yell at Ben for being naughty a few times. I love my man and I love being married. Happy Independence Day!


2 comments:

Aragon said...

Hey Kat, it's been a while since I last talked to you! It is great to see your blog and get the updates! I check it often to see how you are doing. I just wanted you to know that I think about you all the time, and even though we don't get to talk on the phone very much, I still think about you and what you are doing in your life. Thanks for keeping your blog updated. Love ya...you are an amazing woman!

KellyAnne said...

How fun. I love the lame accappella group pic. Miss you guys!