Friday, October 8, 2010

The best thing about having a child are the toys and the books!
We were given a gift card for the Olive Garden when Norah was born so we finally ventured out with our baby to use it. She did pretty great, only fussed a little initially and then slept through the whole meal.
We had to walk through the mall on our way out to get to our car and we passed a new bookstore. I have been looking for some board books for Norah. They had SO many to choose from, and many of the other classic books that Ben and I remember from our childhood. We spent way too much but are so exited to be starting a little library for Norah. She can't read yet of course...or even hold a book in her hand, but we are enjoying them for her in the meantime. We got home and read them all to each other while Norah was taking her nap. Ok, so maybe we got the books for us ;)

5 comments:

Camille said...

So I LOVE kids books. I have a special collection in a special closet. I have lots of favorites for the different ages, but for wee ones, I love the Sandra Boynton one. Especially the "Going to Bed Book". You can find them at Ross or TJ Maxx. They rhyme, have cute stories and my kids have loved them. Sometime when I have more time I'll let you know some of the other ones I have.

Carolyn ♥ said...

Your Grandmother Bush would be so pleased. She loved books... as do I. Norah is one lucky little one to have such a good mother. :)

Tahnie said...

One of the main things Brynner and I did each day(pre Laynie) was read books. We don't get to read stacks at a time anymore so enjoy it!

Meg said...

Just wait until they start watching cartoons :) They aren't as good as when I was a kid, but I LOVE watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Cameron. It helps that you and Ben are kids at heart still...or atleast you act like a kid :)

LindaO said...

Really Meg???? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse makes me want to SCREAM...., as do most or the kids shows. I like the books better.., much more quite:) For sure TJ Maxx, Ross or Costco for books. Way cheaper than book stores