Yesterday was such an overcast, rainy day and I loved it! After General Conference we still had a good chunk of an afternoon so we decided to explore our surroundings. We are trying to get out and see the sights as much as possible because we don't plan on living here forever. This trip took us to the very top of Mount Spokane. It was such a beautiful drive, even in the rain, we loved it. When we finally got to the top, of course it was pretty foggy, so we couldn't see a whole lot, but the rain was a beautiful sight in itself.


I love the pretty colors Autumn brings.

You can see the clouds down in the valley.

Supposedly you can look through these telescopes and see different surrounding destination points; there were about 8 of them. We just saw some foggy mountains :)

Our little day trip was an hour there and an hour back. Norah needed a break at the top too, so we took some time to give her a few driving lessons :0

I love this little family of mine.
6 comments:
Aw so cute! Ben looks very happy to be a daddy!
Oh I love going to the top of Mt Spokane! My family goes up there all the time in the summer, to pick huckleberries, and sometimes just to get away from the summer heat with a mountain picnic. Did you see the old stone lodge over by the lifts? It's pretty cool. The sunsets at the top are amazing, I think every one of my siblings has a picture with their spouse with the Mt Spokane sunset in the background. Oh, and each of those tubes shows you where a lake is, some of them are even in Idaho. You'll have to go back around sunset on a clear day, it's worth it! There are tons of great hiking trails up there too. In the winter they have really great cross country ski trails if you or Ben are into that. I love seeing your posts about Spokane! Now you guys need to canoe down the little Spokane river :)
How pretty. I sure miss this time of year when there are all the pretty leaves. Not much of that in AZ. :) Way to get out and see your surroundings since you won't be there forever. We try to do the same. It's fun to be adventurous!
Norah is growing up! Looks like you guys are having fun. I like her sweatsuit outfit :)
I love your little family, too!
Norah is getting so big! She is too cute.
Post a Comment