Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Crib Stories

It was past 9 am this morning and Norah was still sleeping, so I thought I should wake her up...

...this is how I found her!

What to do my friends?! I swaddle Norah up tight and then put her to sleep on her back. But last night when I checked on her she was snoozing away, on her TUMMY, still wrapped from the waist down. I suppose she is just fine, but it scares me a little since she is still swaddled and isn't very good at rolling from her tummy to her back. I have this fear that she won't be able to breath. I turned her over and swaddled her back up again but then when she woke up for her nighttime feeding she was back on her tummy again. She is pretty good at kicking out of her blankets though if you give her enough time. I guess this is just the beginning of my worries though, this girl is on the move! She also pushes up against the crib bumper and pulls it down with her body. The whole idea of sleeping unsupervised lately is making me panic. I know, crazy first time mom. :0

8 comments:

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

We used a baby positioner for the first 3 months. It is awesome. That thing keeps her on her back or on her side so she can't roll over.

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

Dave wanted to go with leather to but the guy at the store said that this is more children friendly because the microfiber just wipes clean. it's awesome.

LindaO said...

Ha ha! Super cute. I was WAY panic-y with both kids. I think it's normal to feel like that, new mom or not. Mason always started off on his back and would roll to his tummy through out the night. And Maya..., well.., you know I put her on her belly to sleep cause it helped her..., horrible as it soiunds.., it worked for her.

Em said...

I love those eyes peeking out of the crib. She looks kind of like you when you were a baby, in the 2nd picture!

Shar Mommy said...

James has been a stomach sleeper since he was six weeks. His pediatrician sad I can either be up all night rolling him back over, or let him sleep naturally and let his body rhythms take over. I chose to sleep and let him do his thing. He rolls all over the crib and scoots himself up and down. Norah should be fine. She looks like she's got excellent head control which is key to tummy sleeping.

Sarah said...

This is what I have heard from a doctor: Place them on their back to sleep and if they roll over don't worry about it. Don't tell your friend but... I have heard don't place anything in the bed besides them and a swaddled blanket. The baby position-er makes me more nervous than Nora on her tummy!
That's all. :)

Julie said...

This is Ben's friend Julie... my son has always been a tummy sleeper. We bought a video monitor and we love it! We can see everything while he's sleeping and then I can sleep too because I'm not worried about him. Your daughter is beautiful! Congrats to both of you and happy birthday Ben!

Aragon said...

Kat, ALL 3 of my kids slept better on their tummies. I started putting Luke on his tummy at 6 weeks...he was already rolling to his tummy. I figure once they can do it themselves, I am not going to try to stop them.